Thursday, February 22, 2007

Knowing when to stop

Today was one of those days when it seemed that all life was nothing but a pair of mismatched jeans. To begin with, I'm ashamed at myself- and this is a rare state of mind for me. I have a hangover, a bad one, with an aching head and stiff joints.
The one glass of wine to many had signaled itself unmistakably. It was no different from the three preceding ones, but it had gone down reluctantly and with an ugly sensation of surfeit. And even though I had taken in the message, I decided to wash it down with a glass of Hoegaarden.

I've been trying to get my head around my work today (thank god for paper-work days, a car chase today would have been lethal!) with very little success. I even resent seeing my sullen hands on top of my keyboard. Stupid, blunt little bastards!

Current status

Death. The Dundee Expat met his demise in Hong Kong, where he was subverted as a concept by the rise of the Wannabe Gentleman.