Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Boots of Eternal Damnation

Well, ok, so I know this is a phase. But it is an extremely pleasant phase. I haven't been shopping for clothes for maybe six months. Last time I went shopping I bought some highly controversial shirts that only fitted my mood for maybe one month. If you look through my pics on this website or in the web albums, (http://picasaweb.google.com/DundeeExpat) you'll notice that mostly, I've been wearing the same bloody black sweater + jeans for almost two years now. They hit a nice peak a couple of months ago when their agedness kind of looked intentional and that went really well with white shoes and belt. But they're even past that now. I think today was the last time I wore them. Poor bastards.

I've been shopping again (added black party shirt to my new shirt collection). I was really looking for white shoes (the shoes to end all shoes) but instead encountered the Boots of Eternal Damnation (in a good way).
Now I'm not sure what to do. They are a little bit on the expensive side, so I'm not going to be able to buy these and the shoes to end all shoes. Which is a problem- they are boots. And they are black. First of all, I usually live in hot hot hot places. Boots in the summer? Maybe- if it's evening and I'm going bar-hopping or clubbing. I'm thinking I'll buy some sexy sandals anyway when that becomes appropriate. And secondly, they're black. Wouldn't it be nice with a pair of brown or white shoes to get some variety in my life? Why does everything have to be black?

Well, on the other side. Where are the shoes to end all shoes? I did find some really nice white shoes with strong tones of creamy brown. They were beautiful, but I'm a bit suspicious of anything too beautiful. I've still got bad memories from wearing my controversial shirts. They were beautiful, but pretty much the entire world has been united in condemning them. Great when you are feeling "fuck you, world!", less great when you don't. So I've clearly got bad taste on the more extravagant side. The Boots of Eternal damnation are not extravagant. They are Damned, and anyone who sees them will be Damned. No risk there at all. But wont they be a bit hot in the summer?

Current status

Death. The Dundee Expat met his demise in Hong Kong, where he was subverted as a concept by the rise of the Wannabe Gentleman.